Monday, March 18, 2019

Happy Every Day

Saturday evening (3.16), Father Alfonse Nazzaro and I co-officiated Anna and Tom’s wedding ceremony, at The Filter Building on White Rock, in Dallas, Texas. Here are the remarks I shared with them and their guests:

Anna and Tom’s story starts back in college. Anna says, “I remember seeing him walk through the door and thinking he was really cute and later in the evening we got to talking…”  Tom similarly recalls, “I do vividly recall seeing Anna standing in the corner of the room when I walked in and her being notably beautiful.”

Now, many stories start this way, and don’t go anywhere. So, what causes some couples to start this way, and at some point say, in the words of Jason Mraz and Meghan Trainor duet, “I wanna be more than friends…”

In Tom and Anna’s case, it might sound prosaic, but I believe it is anything but that. Just listen to Tom: “The day that my love for her really hit home was when we were just lying on the couch at her parents’ house on a Saturday afternoon. I noticed that I was just as happy doing absolutely nothing with her as I had been going out… and being constantly busy with friends in college.”


Love at first sight, if there is such a thing, infatuation, the flying of sparks, the crashing of lightning can be interesting, but that is not what love is all about. True love is being content with just being in each other’s presence, with nary a word spoken.

And what brings about such deep feelings, that make you want to spend the rest of your life with that person? Anna tells us: “I am confident I want to marry Tom because he is a genuinely wonderful person and truly cares about others. That kindness is evident all the time in our relationship because of how he tries to make me happy every day.”

Is it any surprise that Tom says, “I cannot be more thrilled to have the opportunity to get married… and start a life with the woman that I love.” And, perceptively he adds, “She’s way more attractive than me, so I know I have to lock it down soon.” Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment