Thursday, May 16, 2024

Rom Com

On Sunday, April 14, 2024, I officiated Molly and Rani’s wedding ceremony at The Springs at Tuscany Hill in Anna, Texas. Here are the remarks I shared with them and their guests:

Most couples today meet online. Molly and Rani met the old-fashioned way, IRL, as they say. Rani’s description sounds like it is out of a rom com: “I’ll never forget that she came up to me and asked me if I was going to ask her for her phone number as my friend moments before, told me that she likes me. It was funny, as one of my best friends also liked her, so I asked how he would feel if I went for it, and he said that he gave me his blessing.”

Molly continues the rom com theme: “I knew from the second that I met him that he was going to be my husband. I don’t know what it was about him, but he just had something that caught my eye. The first time we spent time together, it felt like I knew him my whole life. I felt so comfortable and so safe with him.”

Rom coms never have the couple meet and then ride off into the sunset. That would just be boring. True to theme, Rani continues: “I told her in the beginning that I was not interested in getting married. (Ouch!) Little did I know that about a year later I would propose to her, knowing that if I didn’t propose, I might lose the opportunity to have not only a beautiful wife, but an amazing mother that would nurture my future kids, help me through the rough patches, and make it through to the other side.”

Molly agrees and says this is mutual, the lesson being obvious; if you are lucky enough and play your cards right, rom coms can become reality: “I want to marry Rani, because not only is he my best friend, but he’s my biggest supporter, constantly motivating me to be better. He has given me everything I could ever dream of. He is truly the definition of what a husband and a man should be. Every day is better than the day before with him. He continues to give me all the butterflies and all the smiles and laughs a woman could dream of. And that is why I can’t wait to marry him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment